As a pet parent, you want to provide your cat or dog with the best care possible inside and outside of your Mount Eaton, Ohio residence. Luckily, Belpar Pet Care Centre near East Canton, Ohio is dedicated to helping pet parents like you learn more about summer pet safety to better ensure your pets are properly cared for during the hot weather. Do you know how to ensure indoor pet safety and outdoor pet safety throughout your summer celebrations? Do you know the procedures for travelling with pets away from your Minerva, Ohio or Green, Ohio residence during the warm months? To better assist you in making the right choices for your cat or dog this summer, contact Belpar Pet Care Centre. Here, their friendly veterinarian staff is happy to offer a variety of tips for you to follow to keep your pet protected:
Indoor Pet Safety
- Keep temperatures cool inside your home with AC, as fans help your pet very little.
- Make sure all screens are secure and undamaged in your windows. If your screens are not secure, your curious cat or dog could find themselves falling from a window.
- Even though your pet will be spending their time inside, make sure they have an easily accessible source of cool and clean drinking water to help beat the heat.
Outdoor Pet Safety
- Make sure your pet has access to a cool shaded area on your Mount Eaton This will help them stay out of direct sunlight that can cause them to develop sunburns and overheat. If the temperatures are too hot, bring your pet inside.
- Watch the humidity outsides, as high humidity can be just as dangerous to your pet as the heat itself.
- Limit the amount of exercise your pet has during the day in order to reduce their chances of developing heat stroke or worse.
- Keep your pets away from gardens and garden chemicals as there are many in each that could harm your pet.
- Make sure you keep your pet on preventative treatments against summer parasites such as heartworms, hookworms, and more if your feline or canine companion will be spending time outside on your Green area property.
- If you have a pool or plan to visit the lake, make sure your pet is properly guarded and is even wearing a life jacket. Make sure your pet does not drink chlorinated water to quench their thirst as this can cause them to become ill.
- The most important summer pet safety tip: always provide your cat or dog with a clean an accessible source of water for them to drink from at their leisure. Adding ice cubes to their water can help keep it cool for them as well.
When Travelling with Pets
- Before travelling with your pet, make sure you schedule a veterinary exam for them with Belpar Pet Care Centre near East Canton. This way, your pet can be examined and their vet can determine if they are healthy enough to travel with you outside of the Minerva
- Never leave your pet in the car. Your vehicle warms fast, raising their chances of developing heat stroke or worse.
- Keep a source of water available for your pet during long travels so they can stay hydrated.
- Keep your pet in a carrier during travel so they do not injure themselves or you should you while driving.
Would you like to more information on the summer pet safety tips Belpar Pet Care Centre has to offer? With years of experience in the field, the professional staff of Belpar Pet Care Centre –located near East Canton, Ohio –will be able to provide you with more information on how to maintain indoor pet safety as well as outdoor pet safety throughout the year. Are you travelling with pets this season? Before travelling away from your Minerva, Ohio residence with your cat or dog, make sure you schedule an appointment with Belpar Pet Care Centre to have them examined. This way, you will know if they are healthy enough to travel with you or not. If they are not, speak to Belpar Pet Care Centre’s veterinary staff about local boarding options available for your pet. Would you like more information on Belpar Pet Care Centre or the services they provide? If you’re from the Green, Ohio or Mount Eaton, Ohio area and would like to learn more about this local veterinary clinic, visit www.belparvet.com. Otherwise, feel free to call 330.492.8387 to speak with one of their knowledgeable staff members today!
Belpar Pet Care Centre
4835 Fulton Dr. NW
Canton, OH 44718