Tea Drinkers from Cleveland, Ohio, Can Rely On Ohio Tea Company for Perfect Refreshing Iced Teas

By Fiona Vernon

While immersing tea leaves in hot water to enjoy as a beverage dates back to 2737 BC with a Chinese Emperor, the acceptance of iced tea only gained ground in the late 1800’s when recipes appeared in print. Its popularity grew rapidly after the overwhelming heat of the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis from a creative tea vendor and grew to what it is today — where over 158 million Americans drink tea on any given day. It is the only beverage that is consistently served hold or cold, and over the years, has been shown to boast many health benefits in a vast array of flavor profiles. Whether someone in Parkersburg, West Virginia, drinks iced tea year-round, or another in North Canton, Ohio, uses green tea as a method of infusing their body with extra antioxidants, Ohio Tea Company offers hundreds of refreshing teas that are perfect for relaxation, while offering the benefits of drinking teas that are high in antioxidants. This local tea company offers free shipping on their wide selection of loose-leaf teas, as well as tea pots and infusers that are ideal for creating the perfect glass of iced tea on a hot summer’s day. Ohio Tea Company even offers fun and educational tea tasting classes for anyone from Marietta, Ohio, to Cleveland, Ohio, who would like to expand their horizons. Stay updated by visiting their Facebook Page.

Hot and iced tea is consumed at the rate of over 3.6 billion gallons every year and can be found in 80% of homes. 84% of tea that is consumed is black tea, 15% is green, and the remaining 1% is white, Oolong, and dark teas. In the United States, only 15% of tea that is consumed is hot, leaving 85% to be iced tea, whether in commercial form or homemade. As individuals from Marietta to North Canton who aren’t fans of water look for beverages that will satisfy their need for tasty, yet calorie free options, they may discover that the perfect glass of refreshing iced tea is not only high in antioxidants, but also offers relaxation. Many teetotalers find that the benefits of drinking tea include helping them with weight loss, soothing upset stomachs, reducing risks of heart attack and stroke, boosting the immune system, helping to battle cancer, acting as a sleep aid, or simply soothing the frantic activity of someone’s mind after a long day at the office.

Anyone from Cleveland to Parkersburg who would like to delve into the world of teas can take advantage of the tea tasting classes that will be offered by Ohio Tea Company this summer. This local tea company regularly adds new loose-leaf teas, tea pots, and tea infusers to its website for anyone to pick up in-store or have it shipped directly to them. Customers who sign up for an account will enjoy the perk of free shipping on their tea orders as well! Some of the new teas that have been recently added are New Vithanakanda Ceylon, a black tea with a rich flavor similar to Assam tea, Dragonfruit Rooibos, a green rooibos with apple, mango, hibiscus and malva flowers, orange and lemon peel, strawberries, and orange blossoms, and Green Apple Chai, a Chinese sencha green tea with cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and lemongrass. Any of the fantastic teas at Ohio Tea Company are perfect for iced tea on a hot summer day!

Many people from Cleveland, Ohio, to North Canton, Ohio, still don’t look at tea the same as coffee, even though three cups of tea are consumed for every one cup of coffee. Sugar free black tea offers less caffeine than coffee and soda, is high in antioxidants, and lowers risks of heart disease and cancers — causing more people to consume it! When individuals discover the vast benefits of drinking tea, they begin to use it without guilt for relaxation. Ohio Tea Company’s hundreds of loose-leaf teas can be sampled at their store when an individual wishes to discover which flavor profile would make the perfect glass of refreshing iced tea People can also enjoy learning more at one of this local tea company’s tea tasting classes. They stock tea pots and infusers, as well as the offer of free shipping on their wide selection of loose-leaf teas, from black and green to white and Oolong. Anyone from Parkersburg, West Virginia, to Marietta, Ohio, will be thrilled at their new discoveries at Ohio Tea Company.

Ohio Tea Company
5569 Fulton Dr. NW
Canton, Ohio 44718
Facebook Page